router opinions wanted

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Apr 3 16:20:46 MST 2009

Yes, all of the LinkSys, Belkin and Netgears allow you to disable the Wireless 802.1 beacon and just use wired; OpenWRT and other such itsy linux allow taking down the interface.  If you are running your wireless beacon from a card in your bastion router (which is actually a Security ISO built up on an older (or newer if you are rich) system, you certainly can take down your accesspoint.

Obnosis | (503)754-4452

PLUG Linux Security Labs 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM