Recreating Directory Trees?

Andrew "Tuna" Harris tuna at supertunaman.com
Fri Apr 3 08:27:22 MST 2009

Hello there!

"Hellther."

I am about to create a Ruby script to sync my music directory with my
MP3 player. Before I start, I would like a nice test environment, as my
MP3 player uses a particular directory tree.

Is there a nice easy way to copy a directory tree without copying over
all its files? For example, let's say the device has something like...

MP3 Player

 `-Videos/

 `-Music/

  `-Playlists/

and in those subdirs are like over 9000 video, music, and playlist
files. Can I just copy that structure and leave all those files behind?
so that I have

loltestdir/

 `-Videos/

 `-Music/