OT: Speed Cams

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Fri Apr 3 07:36:44 MST 2009

>> Can't help but wonder what that might do to landing pilots too.
Probably nothing...
Not to discredit your statement in any way, but to clarify the aviation
detail:
First, the light impulse will be too small, too far and too out of the way
to be a concern, the landing pilot will be focus on runway and instruments.

Pilots are also used to strobe lights.
They have them on their airplane, other airplanes, some mark the way to the
runway with the "rabbit", and many runways have strobe lights at the
threshold to differentiate them from the environment.

I hate the cams too...   :)
Enrique A. Troconis
Computer Geek for a living, Commercial Pilot/Flight Instructor by addiction.