OT: Speed Cams

Grzegorz Furmanek greg at ttiltd.com
Thu Apr 2 13:18:00 MST 2009

No offense but you are missing the most important point here.

I don't believe anyone is against enforcement of laws.  But the fact
remains that cameras will not stop anyone from driving like a maniac.

Is a matter of fact the cameras appear (no study provided) to reduce
the law enforcement presence on the roads which in my opinion
is actually a very bad thing.

Someone who is doing 20 mph over the speed limit may not give a damn
if he/she gets a picture taken but that person will be compelled to care
when is cuffed in the back of the police car and being charged with
criminal
speeding.

BTW, most of the tickets aren't validated against the make and model
of your
vehicle so anyone can make a mockup of your license plate and speed
getting you tickets left and right.  You will have to explain that
it's not your car.

So in my view Sped Cams are just an inadequate substitution for real
law enforcement.

- Greg