OT: Speed Cams

Lyle Tuttle L.tuttle at cox.net
Thu Apr 2 12:54:59 MST 2009

clip, clip

>There are many arguments for and against the speed cameras, like the
>right to face your accuser in court.  If you've had your picture taken
>by one of these cameras, you were breaking a law.

So, you're telling me that both my speedometer and my GPS (both
reading the same MPH, and both double-checked as correct against the
portable speed read-out devices) were wrong, and the camera was
correct?  Maybe that's what caused my wife, riding with me, upon
seeing the flash, to exclaim "What the heck?  That can't be us!" as
she looked at the GPS, plainly visible to her, reading well below the
trigger point for the camera.

Look, I'm not stupid.  I KNOW where the cameras are, and I do not
choose to give my money away.........so why would I speed past them?

After speaking with a Judge friend of mine about which court I would
face, my $182.50 payment was made to save the additional court costs,
as these machines never fail...............right?

If you think for one minute that these were NOT installed to generate
revenue, you are not very politically aware........sorry if that
offends you.......