OT: Speed Cams

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Apr 2 09:24:55 MST 2009

On 4/1/09, Bryan O'Neal <boneal at cornerstonehome.com> wrote:
> I have no issue with red-light cameras, if they provide a yellow light of
> adequate length to safely stop after noticing the light change, say 5 or 6
> seconds.  As for the speed cameras, well, I am agenst speed limits and
> believe it should be safe and prudent as seen by an officer and confirmed by
> a judge. As for the cameras in particular, no one has been able to make
> public a report showing they do anything other then annoy drivers. Accidents
> have not gone down ...

Photo radar saves lives.  Period.

According to the Arizona State Department of Public Safety, because of photo
radar, crashes are down by 12%, injuries have been cut by 17%, and fatality
collisions are down by 29% on Phoenix-area highways.

No clear-thinking person would want to eliminate photo radar simply because
of their personal desire to want to disregard and disobey highway speed laws.