FreeBSD OpenVPN and SMB Connection Issues

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:56:51 MST 2009

Hello all,
I am running a FreeBSD 7 server at home. I recently filled up the /usr
partition. I cleaned it out, but now I can't connect with my OpenVPN client
nor via Samba. I can connect via SSH. The logs look normal, other than these
lines in debug.log

Mar 26 23:50:58 e-server kernel: arplookup 216.9.190.124 failed: host is not
on local network
Apr  1 21:48:09 e-server kernel: arplookup 216.9.190.124 failed: host is not
on local network

followed by "this message repeated xxx times" several times.

Any ideas?

Eric