SLUG

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:40:09 MST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:11 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why fragment from PLUG?
>

> ------------------------
> Keith Smith
>
> I don't know what you are asking.  Some of us attend PLUG functions as
well.  I work most PLUG Installfests and attend more East side meetings than
not.  But living in Apache Junction makes those a fair trek.

As to starting a new LUG, we did that a few years ago with support from PLUG
folks.  We are mostly retired folks active in community computer clubs and
members of the East Valley Association of Computer Clubs which is a member
of the Arizona Association of Computer Clubs.  So we might ask why PLUG
wanted to fragment from us.  ROFL.

Anyway, some of us wanted to play in the Linux world and found PLUG to be
too far away and to some extent too professionally focused.  So we
participate but went out own route to focus on our goals.  We started by
doing projects together to help us learn.
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry