OT: Emergency Buy Out

Jason Spatafore jasons at spatafore.net
Mon Sep 29 00:25:05 MST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>
To: "Jason Spatafore" <jason_online at spatafore.net>; "Main PLUG discussion
list" <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Emergency Buy Out

> ----
> Just curious about this logic...do you think that if we simply do
> nothing and allow the natural market forces to play this out, are you
> willing to accept a recession, a deep recession or even a depression as
> a consequence?

Yes, I am. You know, people fear the depression, mostly because they have
heard horrible stories about it. But look at the fact that the Great
Depression lasted less-than 2 decades. That's 1/5 of a person's life. Yes,
dark times do happen to humanity...but just like protecting your Son or
Daughter from hurting their knees, when you protect everybody from the
possible "bad times" due to people's poor decisions and apathy, you do no
justice for humanity or even individual character.

This is only the beginning. If you keep building a house of cards higher and
higher, there's just more cards to fall when it does fall. It cannot be
prevented, only delayed.

Seriously think about the great depression....part of the debt created
before the GD hit was to increase productivity.....don't you all think that
any bailout is there to do the exact same thing? It'll work...for about a
year. Then we'll have this same discussion...after the CEO's have opened
their offshore accounts and moved to Sweden......