OT: Linux/PHP job available

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Sep 26 14:43:23 MST 2008

I just saw this.  If someone reading PLUG is qualified, please send in a
resume to the contact address below.  Location's in downtown PHX, though
you may be able to telecommute occasionally.

-------------------
azcentral.com, Arizona's leading online source for up to date news and
information, is seeking a Senior Online Developer to join our highly
successful
team!

On a day to day basis, this individual will be responsible for providing
Web-based technology solutions that support the objectives and mission of
azcentral.com, a Gannett property.  Participates in the creation and ongoing
support of software applications, tools and technologies to enhance the
development and growth of Digital Media services running in a Linux, Apache,
MySQL, and PHP environment.  Participates in cross-functional and/or
cross-unit
IT projects. Works in a team environment to ensure customer's needs are met.
Works as the customer's primary contact for specific applications.

Specific Requirements:

To be qualified for this position the ideal candidate will have two years
experience in online development or publishing, with an emphasis on coding,
troubleshooting, and supporting a Linux & Apache environment. Advanced or
expert level Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP. Must have experience in the development
and support of a heavily trafficked, load balanced web environment, and basic
HTML/CSS and web/interface design experience.  Familiarity with commercial
online services. Basic understanding of networking and systems infrastructure
concepts. Strong communications and teamwork skills will be critical.

Contact jim.lindsey[AT]azcentral[DOT]com with a resume.

...I don't really know any more than what's posted above, but will try to
answer any questions if you send me an e-mail off-list.  Hope this helps,

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows