OT: Bailout Bill

Chipper chip33az at netscape.net
Thu Sep 25 13:37:41 MST 2008

I'm just curious if there is actually an issue, or merely the way
accounting for the mortgages work.

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2008/09/22/treasury-accounting-plan-oped-cx_bw_bs_0923wesburystein.html?feed=rss_author

It seems odd the mortgage backed securities could be worthless when
there is still a house (plus a monthly payment) backing it.