Easy to use firewall and invisible proxy?

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Wed Sep 24 09:20:31 MST 2008

I use Smoothwall (which IPCop is a fork of, IIRC).  Add in the
DansGuardian mod, and you have a real slickety solution.

I mastered the disk onto a CompactFlash card and use it in place of a
hard drive.  As previously posted here (years ago by someone else), it
will wear out - I finally wore one out after 2 years of use.  I just
reimaged a new CF, replaced it and was back online.

What I really like about SW is the built-in VPN and the web interface -
very easy to use.

George