Changing the Time Zone

Brant Evans brant.evans at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:53:42 MST 2008

The /etc/localtime file is the file that defines the timezone. This file can
be a copy of the file from /usr/share/zoneinfo (which in your case it
probably is) or a symlink. To change the timezone all you need to do is copy
the correct file from /usr/share/zoneinfo to /etc/localtime or make
/etc/localtime a symlink to /usr/share/zoneinfo. If you decide to use a
symlink /usr should probably not be a mounted filesystem.

Brant Evans