problem installing Ubuntu in Windows

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Sat Sep 13 14:14:00 MST 2008

Dennis wrote:
> I new to the list. I am trying to install Ubuntu in Windows. My
> computer is XP Home SP3, AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.83 GHz, 1 GB of RAM.
>
> I have tried a Live CD once & Wubi-8.04.1-rev506 twice. When I reboot
> or cold boot I get (initramfs) in BuzyBox. I tried booting different
> ways and it seams to be stopping after "JFS: nTxBlock = 8088, nTxBlock
> = 64707". Any ideas to fix this?
Saw someone have this problem just yesterday...adding "acpi=off" to the
boot parameters did the trick.  When you boot the Ubuntu install CD, hit
F6 "Other Options" and at the end of the line add " acpi=off" and hit enter.

Here is a page that has some screenshots:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

-Charles