Reducing an existing Linux partition for Windows use....

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 00:41:01 MST 2008

Okay, I'm pulling the pistol away from my head now, but I'll need to
use Windows on my desktop in order to play Spore now that it is
finally out.  The problem is, it's a Linux box and has been ever since
it's purchase.

I have CentOS (free RHEL clone), and what I'm looking to do is
throttle down the size of main partition to use it for Windows.
My question is, what is the easiest method to do this nowadays?  I'm
not terribly worried about losing the MBR, since I can boot up with CD
and run grub to make it boot in the proper way again.
I haven't done something like this since.. geez.. 2001 maybe?  My
memories totally shot.

Thanks,
Dan Lund
It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
free scope.
-Niccolo Machiavelli