OT: remember

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Fri Sep 12 23:46:27 MST 2008

Charles Jones wrote:
> It can be fun sometimes...I was an eyewitness to the pentagon strike,
> I was *there*, I have pictures, and video, and yet people have
> actually told me that I was brainwashed by the govt so that I wouldn't
> reveal that it was a "global hawk" that hit and not a plane. I find it
> incredible that these people who have never even been within 2000
> miles of ground zero or the Pentagon, are telling ME that I am somehow
> mistaken about what happened there that day. I think for some people
> it's just more "fun" to believe a conspiracy because there is nothing
> else to do. I say fun because, man, I gotta think that if someone
> *truly* believed that our govt would kill thousands of people in broad
> daylight for some hidden agenda, that they would be afraid to even
> step outside of their house or own anything that would have them "on
> the grid".
>
> -Charles
Sorry I got in this one a bit late, but I for one believe you, Charles.
The missile theories are just "plane" silly. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
OTOH, I believe there's strong evidence that some tiny cabal high in the
government was running interference for the terrorists. I think it has
to be more than just incompetence that FBI agents in two locations were
told to back off investigations of suspicious Arabs in flight schools.
There's lots more, for example, the training exercises on 9/11, and the
Mossad agents who were tailing the hijackers in Florida.
Instead of discussions of these anomalies, what we've got is the
demolition and missile "theories", where are red herrings of incredible
odiferousness. People like the Loose Change guys pick that stuff up and
it makes all of us skeptics look like crazies. See the site oilempire.us
for more on this viewpoint. Although that site is even a bit too
imaginative for my taste, claiming that the plane that hit the Pentagon
must have been remote-controlled, since the hijacker's flying was too
good. What about dumb-ass luck? Besides, I imagine the Pentagon is a
relatively "hard" target compared to civilian office buildings, so the
conspirators probably weren't too worried.
Just my 2 cents.

Vaughn