10 years in PLUG

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Sep 9 01:57:58 MST 2008

Am 06. Sep, 2008 schwätzte Technomage Hawke so:

moin moin Hawke,

> yeah it has been rather a whilke, I remember when I first got
> involved, I was part of the original steering committee that got the
> ball rolling on this group. :)

Thanks for that :).

> BTW, as an aside, are we considered a "Professional Organization" or
> just simply a "Linux Users Group"? It would be nice to have this
> listed on my resume as a Professional Organization.

We are not a professional group. I put community organizations on my
resume as I participate in many business related group.

> Lastly, I haven't really been to a meeting in more than 2 years. gas
> prices and the inevitable long right have contributed to my strictly
> being on list.

The cost of transport is hitting a lot of people. We're doing what we can
with meetings all over town, but the Valley is really, really spread out.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/          http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  ABLEconf.com - Free Software conference September 20th in Phoenix