ot: browser

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:06:57 MST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org> wrote:

> Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>

>>  I have to say the timing is good, as FF3 is pretty dismal.  I want to
>> switch back to FF2, but don't know of any easy way.
>>

> What don't you like?  My experience so far is that it renders pages quite a
> bit faster than FF2, and the 'Awesome Bar' is exactly that. It's a really
> stupid name, but it's a fantastic feature.

  I haven't really gotten into the 'awesome bar', but as Charles says, FF3
likes to crash a lot especially when I start using Flash Video.  The Chrome
Beta release is more stable than FF3 so far.

  oh btw- here is Chrome's licensing, appears to be 100% kosher BSD, if you
find anything that points to otherwise, please post to the list.

  http://code.google.com/chromium/terms.html

  -jmz

> Initially, it irked me that Firebug didn't work well with FF3, but that's
> been resolved so I have nothing but good things to say about FF3 now.
>
> alex

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones." --Albert Einstein

- http://www.joshuazeidner.com/