SELinux vs. AppArmor vs. Standard vs. What?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Oct 31 22:04:33 MST 2008

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Craig White wrote:

>> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Ted Gould wrote:
>>
>>> I'm going to top post, you'll have to deal :)

> I suspect as iPhone's and other handheld convenient devices
> become more prevalent, the top post will become normal and
> accepted.

Yeah -- that is the argument that Notes and Outlook uses put
forth; Gmail too.  But none of those were Ted's MUA:

Having and using Gmail, and both a Blackberry and an iTouch
which I use for email, I assure that all support trimming, 'at
the bottom', and 'interspersed' posting in a straightforward
manner.

> I'm not sure that kill file is always the best answer and
> Ted Gould is pretty knowledgeable and one whose postings I
> definitely want to read.

I'm pretty sure that consciously flouting known conventions of
a mailing list [regardless of a smiley] is an indicator that
the person doing it prefers to burden everyone else, rather
than do what that person 'knows' the expectation is.

If you leave food out on the counters, you get roaches; if you
reward improper behaviour, the exceptions swallow up the rule,
and entropy wins sooner.  If the rule is wrong, lobby to
change it; my vote on Ted's proposal to dump 'don't top post'
was stated publicly in my post.

-- Russ herrold