samba and pdfs

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Oct 28 12:26:04 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:20 -0700, Sean Roe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to print a pdf from an XP workstation to my samba shared
> printer attached to a fedora core 9 server.  I can print other kinds
> of docs from each workstation (email, spreadsheets, pictures and the
> like) but for some reason I cant print PDFs.  The printer is a canon
> i560 on the lpt port,  I have tried different PDFs and even different
> clients (Adobe and Foxit Reader) and the same behavior happens: the
> priniting dialog comes up I accept it, it starts the printing progress
> bar, sits in that state for approx minute and then returns like it
> worked.   If sombody could point me to a resource, I have spent an
> hour looking on the web to no avail, I would be most thankful.
----
generally, I use windows native print drivers and set up cups to give me
a 'raw' printer that just allows the windows native print driver to work
without putting print code through the ghostscript interpreter.

You don't say how you are actually printing so it's hard to give you
anything specific here.

In general, a PDF should print just like any other document.

Craig