printer problems

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Mon Oct 27 13:37:36 MST 2008

As of today my old workhorse Canon BJ210 stopped printing with an error
message "BJ210 Printer 'BJ210' may not be connected". It doesn't appear
to be OS related as it happens in Ubuntu and Debian. Contradicting that
assumption is the fact that when I try to delete the attempted print
jobs from the lineup I get an error message "There was an error during
the CUPS operation: 'client-error-not-possible'". This only happens in
Ubuntu and not Debian. Deleting and reinstalling the printer eliminated
this problem but didn't restore operation.

Another oddity is that when I reboot the error message about the
printer not being connected appears. This despite the printer being
turned off prior to the reboot.

In case anyone wonders, the printer powers up, the physical connections
are tight, and the requisite noises are heard when turning the power on
or off.

Hopefully the printer isn't toast as this isn't a good time for me to
have to buy a new one.

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"