ISP Infedelity / Touchy-Feelly Photons

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Oct 26 09:40:26 MST 2008

Tuna,

I did not appreciate my similar experiment with DirectTV, and Qwest:

1) It's going to be largely AREA dependent for DirectTV Experience - you need to mount the dish on the house in a southern facing way - some areas have terminally horrible signal.
2) Qwest's DNS is not as robust or fast as cox - unfortunately.  My throughput was not as fast AT ALL.
3) Using a single "packaged bundle" I had billing problems.
4) Their support was not 24x7.
5) The available stations were not as good as cable TV - especially for HD.

All in all, I was VERY happy to be back to cox, believe it or not.  And I come from Oregon where comcast has fiber in the street 14G down and 4up.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Obnosis |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis | Obnosis.com (503)754-4452