Can I add a command in bash that starts when I open it?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Oct 25 01:28:47 MST 2008

Am 24. Okt, 2008 schwätzte Mike Hoy so:

> I edited this file and put echo cat
> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature >> .bashrc at the end of it.

You put the echo command in your .bashrc?

If so, move your .bashrc to some other name, for example:

mv -i .bashrc .bashrc.horked

You might need to run that as root if you can't login as you.

You probably have lots of extra information at the end of your .bashrc
file and they're causing your login to fail.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the
#  decision was the realization that there are two kinds of companies:
#  Good ones ask you to think for them.
#  The others tell you to think like them." -- Benjy Feen