Floor plan drawing program?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Oct 24 21:21:41 MST 2008

Well, I am looking for something with accuracy of relative scale
between CAD and "paint" or GIMP.  I don't think I'd be as productive
with a bitmap graphics program than with some thing that is vector
graphics based.  Back in the 80's I authored technical manuals with
perspective drawings done in MSPaint.  I don't want to do that again!

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Draw_Guide/House_plan
discusses using OpenOffice.org Draw, which could work.

I haven't looked yet but I'd be surprised if a furniture template for
Dia did not exist.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Alan