Debian Custom Kernel HOWTO (was: Bulding kernels "the Debian way" -- trials and tribulations)

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:13:37 MST 2008

Hi,

Well, even after getting it completely working (yes, it was the initrd, or
lackthereof!) and rebuilding ndiswrapper and all other needed modules,
hibernate still does not function. hibernate complains about nvidia if I'm
running X at the time (i'm running the nividia kernel module for compiz) and
when done from terminal without x running and the module unlaoded, it drops
to a second terminal, throws some text too fast to see, and returns to he
active console it spits out:
[  362.751579] forcedeth 0000:00:14.0: ifname eth0, PHY OUI 0x732 @ 1, addr
00:03:25:48:ba:df
[  362.752016] forcedeth 0000:00:14.0: highdma pwrctl timirq lnktim desc-v3
[  362.873209] eth0: no link during initialization.
[  362.886616] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[  375.605459] PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:05.0 to 64

So, I guess hibernate is just beyond hope.. :(

--
Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix

"See, he's more dangerous during the off season"