wikihow.com/Category:Linux

Rob Goelz robgoelz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 18:21:14 MST 2008

Mike,

  Thanks for posting this -- it seems to have a lot of excellent information
(especially for a relative Linux n00b like me).

  Wiki sites are great for information sharing but I inherently distrust
them due to the ability of *anyone* to edit the page. From the main
page: "*written,
edited, and maintained primarily by volunteers*."

  I suppose that the same is true of most forums in that someone could take
bad advice and damage their system, but at least on most forums, people have
to register and can be held accountable. On wikis, unless you choose to
register, the only thing tracked is your IP address. So far the stuff that
I've read seems to check out though. :)

  What does everyone else think?

-rob