Toshiba Satellite M30X laptop

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Oct 19 10:57:54 MST 2008

After a long battle with technology, mike havens wrote:
[snip]
> What about the compatibility issue. I know people say that if the live CD
> will run then the installed version will run. When I first got into this
> ('01ish) some live cd's no longer WORKED 100% after being installed. Is
> that still an issue?

Why do people call problems "issues"?  AFAICT, this is not a big problem at
all now.  http://tuxmobil.org/toshiba.html , grep page for "m30x", there are
a number of reports for Ubuntu, Gentoo, SuSE, and Debian.  Read the reports
that fit the distro you're trying, follow directions, and it should work.

--
   For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
   neat, and wrong.