Toshiba Satellite M30X laptop

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Sat Oct 18 09:29:57 MST 2008

I see suse as "you know redhats way is neat let's break it" I am sort
of biased as I was raised on debian and it's variants. That's the
thing with rhinux most answers are personal preference. Example I
don't do gnome and I know people who think kde is too windows. I would
grab the live editions of as many distros as you can and run em all
see what clicks

On 10/18/08, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, Stephen wrote:
>
> FWIW, the 5" DVD+-RWs are pretty darn cheap at $35 after shipping from
> NewEgg.
> In 2000, a 4x CD-RW was $180.  My, how stuff gets cheaper (except laptop
> parts....)
>
>>> hardware works by simply installing the module back ports. A lot of
>>> folks don't like ubuntu but I work on borked centos boxes all day so
>>> when I get home I want things to just work. That said the next big
>>> thing is suppose to be pclinuxos so it may be worth a look
>
> RPM has its flaws, though they've papered over most of them.  All distros
> have
> warts; the key is to find one whose warts you can live with.
>
>> that said Gentoo is a decent choice as well, however it is a lot more
>> involved to get running
>
> The thing that takes the longest is setting all the USE flags.  Then
> you "emerge kde" and let it run overnight, and everything after that is
> incremental.  Unless something like the libexif mess that happened a while
> back happens again.
>
>> Or possibly OpenSUSE, but while it may have lots of bells and whistles it
>> loads a TON of stuff.
>
> SuSE has always had more weird bugs than other distros IME.
>
> --
>    "Depress the button," it said.  Gloria looked at the button.  "You're
>    a very ugly button," she began.  --Phil Janes, _The Galaxy Game_
>   My blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/
> Matt G|There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

Sent from my mobile device

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
All Rhino products are made in America, 100% Money Back Guarantee, and
have a 5 Year warranty.
 Sometimes for it to "just work" you have to think outside the box!
Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
IP: asterisk.rhinoequipment.com ~ FWD: 633686

this in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and its
attachments from all computers.