How to make an audio CD with images also?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Oct 16 19:18:14 MST 2008

O Contraire' my Crow Footed friend!

http://www.linux.com/feature/113859  answered those with solutions!

1) The http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/ Tool will do what he wants with expansive mastering (referenced in the link http://www.linux.com/feature/113859)

2) Under DVD (and Joe addressed it via his question in general terms) (not CD) [as the link exlains]:
Master and record a DVD Video image

In some cases, you might have a Video DVD stored as a series of
normal files in your filesystem, perhaps from some DVD authoring
software, and want to write this to a disc for usage in your
DVD-player.

To do this, we yet again turn to growisofs for help, which
as usual provides an easy solution to our problem.

In the example below, the disc-root refers to a directory containing any, or both of
the AUDIO_TS/ and VIDEO_TS/ directories. The main difference
from writing an ISO image is the -dvd-video option, that instructs
growisofs that it should prepare the disc to be used as a DVD Video disc.
DVD video image mastering tools will create the video and audio (also discussed in the link):Converting video-files to (S)VCD

Sometimes you might have a set of MPEG streams from which you would like to
create a (Super) VideoCD (SVCD or VCD) to be recorded with CDRDAO and used in
your VCD/DVD-player. To do this, we will use the GNU VCDImager software.

Use the following syntax for VCDImager to create a set of bin/cue-files
from an MPEG stream. Replace “type” with the appropriate
type for the output image, based on the type MPEG-stream you are
recording. The more common types are 'vcd' for mpeg1-streams,
and 'svcd' for mpeg2-streams. VCDImager will notify you
if it believes that you have selected the wrong type for the given
stream.

Syntax: vcdimager -t type --update-scan-offsets video.mpg

The following example will create a bin/cue-image in SuperVCD format, containing
the stream found in myshow.mpg. (That in this case is an MPEG2
stream)

root at linux:~# vcdimager -t svcd --update-scan-offset myshow.mpg

The MPEG streams needs to be in somewhat appropriate formats to be used
as (S)VCDs, but this is beyond the scope of this guide. There is more
information about this on VCDImager's website. (See the “Software”
section)
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Obnosis || http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/obnosis | Obnosis.com (503)754-4452