Anyone getting the TMobile G1 Android phone when it comes out?

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Mon Oct 13 16:15:01 MST 2008

Michael March wrote:
> Just curious.
>
> BTW.. its Linux based so this is email it 'on topic'..  :)

Nope, I'm still tickled pink with my iPhone.  However, a good friend
pre-ordered the G1 for delivery on the 22nd.  I'm looking forward to the
in-depth comparisons in the weeks following.

From what I can tell based on the info already released, the G1 will
likely be a pretty poor cousin to the iPhone on release.  However, since
it's an open platform, I have high hopes for it.  Specifically, I'm
counting on Android to start kicking butt in a year or so.  At that
time, one of two things will happen:

1. It's good enough to push Apple to finally finish the really lacking
parts of the iPhone (in which case I'm happy)
or
2. It's good enough that I'll jump ship from the iPhone to an Android
phone (in which case I'm happy).

Either way, the emergence of Android is nothing but good news to me :-)