dd if=hda1 of=whatever ???????

mike havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:20:38 MST 2008

I hate windows! I hate it when I get a virus! Igot a brand new one
last night I was happily tip-tapping away last night but when I got up
in the morning everything was moving very s-l-o-w-l-y!!!!! After
running clam nothing was discovered so I just reinstalled my system.
So I figure that a good thing to do is to get the system like I want
it and then dd the primary drive. That way if I get a virus all I need
to do is dd the file back ontoo the hard drive. So I suppose that I
will need to put grub in the boot loader. Does this soun doable? Who
is gacious enough to help? WHich distro do you recommend? I was
thinking of using PHLAK <version?><old> but in my hands I have xubunt
6.1, mepis 2003.10.02, Slax 4.2.0, and mepis 3.4-3

--