creating audio files for the web

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 15:59:57 MST 2008

Hi,

I want to make a voice recording using a garden variety recording device.  Then I want to put that recording on a web page.  I've seen the Quicktime controls and that would work.

I'm confused on how to "convert" the digital voice recording as stored on the recorder.  Lets say it is a digital voice recorder like the Olympus VN-4100PC.  I make a voice recording.  Then I upload it to my windows computer.  Do I need to edit it or convert to a compatible format for the web?

Is the Quicktime control the best way to go?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keith Smith