Sysadmin via a First-Person Shooter lolwut?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 04:39:49 MST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Tuna <tuna at supertunaman.com> wrote:
> http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/l3dge/tools/l3dgeworld/
>
> "L3DGEWorld 2.3 is a data visualisation utility based on Open Arena, a
> GPL'd game that makes use of the Quake III Arena (Q3A) game engine. It
> was initially designed to be a network monitoring and control
> application, but can be easily used for other purposes by developing
> other input and output daemons. The daemons provided with L3DGEWorld 2.3
> allow monitoring and control of a live network to take place from within
> a virtual world created by the L3DGEWorld engine."
>
> Has anyone heard of this?

Holy...

Um.  Yeah.  I can see one problem: getting fired when the
pointy-haired boss thinks you're gaming on company time...

Ghaaa.

Anybody remember the movie "Johnny Mnemonic" and the user interface
where you "flow through" stuff in 3D?  It sounds like that's what
they're trying to kludge together out of game parts...

Jim