OpenStreetMap- the online world map that's both free and Free

Brandon Aguirre brandon at cloudmade.com
Sun Nov 23 22:04:31 MST 2008

Josh, a more refined answer courtesy of my colleague Richard in Toronto:

The current data set is frozen and published each Wednesday in
what we call a "planet" file.  It's a bit over 4Gb compressed and
growing each week.  You can get a weekly diff too.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Planet

Cheers,

Brandon Aguirre
Community Development