ubuntu 8.04 and firefox 3 woes

Stu wien33 at cox.net
Sun Nov 23 16:29:02 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 23:59 -0700, jdawg wrote:
> I have notice more with v3, that I find my system "freezing" up, when a
> page doesn't load.
> Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes it becomes excruciatingly slow
> to click on any other app, or trying to cancel firefox.
> When firefox is eventually cancelled, the system goes back to normal.
>
> I am running firefox now using this command.
> nice -n +4 firefox, which seems to help.
>
> I wanted to know if anyone else has experience extreme slow-downs
> because of firefox 3.
>
> Jerry

	For the past week or so, I've been running Firefox 3.0.4 on Ubuntu
8.10,(HP laptop ze4400us) and haven't run into anything bad yet. In
fact, I have to say this is the first install of Ubuntu I have done that
I actually *like*! In the past, I've usually run Mepis, PClinux, or
Vector, and had a few issues with Firefox acting odd especially after
surfing Youtube, but this one seems happy enough, even with compiz
running in cube mode.