Hallmark E cards attack

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Thu Nov 20 08:55:57 MST 2008

What all is involved in the fix? One of my co-workers apparently got his
laptop zapped by it. From what he said it infects the winlogon.exe, so
not only do you have to clean the virus from loading, but you have to
replace the winlogin.exe with a known good copy.  What a pain.
Personally I cannot believe that any mail filters still allow .exe file
attachments, or that people would actually run a .exe file they received
in email!