Updates Restart and Login question

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:43:52 MST 2008

Oh, one more thing Lisa.  That web reference you included about the
beep codes is excellent.  I had previously used several separate lists
and this is the most concise and easy to use I have seen.

One thing it does not have, or have any link to, is a key for the four
diagnostic lights on the back of many Dell towers.  One can get that
information on the Dell web site but you have to specify what model
system.  As many times as I have done that for different Dells, I can
say they are mostly the same, but there must be some differences.  Go
to support and do a search for something like "Diagnostic Lights" and
you get about 12,600 results.  If you add the model name & number to
the search criteria you get much closer and making another choice or
two usually will get to a page with a diagram of the target computer
and a table of light colors and the causes for those patterns.