Picard music tagging

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Sat Nov 15 20:17:07 MST 2008

Okay,

I have to share this because it is totaly awesome. Well it is awesome
to me because I am easily ammused

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardDownload

This program does a fingerprint analysis based on the first 2 minutes
of the song and along with some other voodoo determines the track info
and tags it to your music.  I am what you call a data packrat and I am
horrible at orginizing much less ensuring its all tagged and pretty.
One of my annoyances is when I have 100 alternitive songs and I hit
the genre and like 2 show up. As I was playing on ubuntu and
transitioning from kubuntu I was thinking maybe I could tag all my
music with some fancy perl or bash scripting. Well no need. Anyhow if
your a music junky but are to lazy to tag check out this program and
if nothing else the price is right.

--
Sent from my mobile device

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
http://rhinoequipment.com ~ http://postug.com
 Sometimes for it to "just work" you have to think outside the box!
Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
IP: guest at asterisk.rhinoequipment.com