Free VMWare ESXi Server

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Nov 15 08:06:29 MST 2008

Documentation
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_35/esx_3i_i/r35/vi3_35_25_3i_i_get_start.pdf

DownLoad:
http://tk1.publicaster.com/DC/ctr.aspx?6C6164=34313730303638&736272=166514&747970=6874&66=30

Be sure to register with Vmware to access your download and license.  [Check no email if you don't want to be spammed!]

Vmware is a great hypervisor to play with multiple operating systems.  Many images exist for Vmware that can simply be downloaded and deployed for testing purposes, learning (and ahem, reverse engineering).

Many security testors use Vmware for proof of concept labs.

An interesting test I was involved with in 2003 involved testing Vmware Windows verses Linux - of course, we know which performed best!

 Be sure to determine if your system is sufficient to run Vmware ESXi before attempting to install!

Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452