Slightly OT: T-Mobile G1 - Debian install

blake gonterman gnunixguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:07:08 MST 2008

Personally, I love the phone. All the firmware is still RC status (public
beta i guess?).   So there are a few quirks. The email notifications don't
work well at all. Most of the time it won't fetch my POP email from google
(second account). There's more wrong with it, but like i said, the firmware
is still in RC status...

The phone itself is very user friendly. I've had an absolute blast playing
with it, seeing what it can do, and trying not to break the software too
much. The sound is pretty decent quality and the display is very clear.

The Android market has a good selection of programs and games. it also grows
day by day with new apps. For example, I found an app that lets me SSH into
my main linux box and do maintenance.
That's just a quick run down from what i've seen so far. The phone isnt 100%
yet, but it's getting there.

Just my 2 cents :)

--gnunixguy