HackFest Series: NOVEMBER HackFest At ESTRELLA MOUNTAIN on November 15, 2008 Noon Until 3:30

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Nov 13 07:05:40 MST 2008

This month, the HackFest has been moved to Estrella Mountain to take advantage of a generous offer from Randol L. Larson to use their Lab facilities.

http://www.estrellamountain.edu

Joey Prestia (joey at linuxamd.com) will be supporting the PLUG FEST, as we delve into the exciting area of Linux Security.
Saturday November 15th, 2008 - Noon Until 3:30

We will bring targets for your practical exploits and scanning - and go over the original presentation materials for each lab - depending on the time available.

Presentation Materials are available for review (if you just found us) at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/6680231/Hack-Fest

It's suggested that people plan:

1) Develop and bring a machine with a good distribution or LiveCD's tested to work.  [THIS MONTH We will have the Estrella Mountain Network and LAB Machines to use!]
2) Social Engineer team members and choose one or two areas to concentrate on.  TEAMS usually always succeed most quickly -  as one person reviews the materials while the other does the lab.

Again this is a practical lab - not a hacking/cracking demonstration.

This format is presented for computer professionals, linux security professionals and linux users and is in no way an advocation of cracking, disrespect for private property or illegal activities.
A disclaimer signature and email address will be required at the door.

See you all there!

Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452