kernel oops

David david at damnetwork.net
Wed Nov 12 19:36:02 MST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Michael Garfias wrote:

> Check out netconsole: Linux Configure Netconsole To Log Messages
> Over UDP Network
>
> That is pretty much what you want as it doesn't depend on disk
> access, or anything on the local box.  If the oops is bad enough
> (say in the scsi subsystem) the other proposed solutions won't get
> the error to you.

Many thanks to everyone for all the replies.   The one thing I forgot
to mention is that the oops' lock up the box completely, so the
'dmesg' solutions are out.   However, I have tested the 'netcat/
netconsole' solution with resounding success.

Thanks again to everyone,
David

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader