Ububtu 8.04 Sound Problem

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:57:15 MST 2008

Sorry I hadn't quite finished.

I did a reinstall of Intrepid once it went gold, and sound "worked".
By that I mean, yeah, everything technically works but there's an ugly
background hiss out the headphones.  I'm starting to wonder if OSS4
isn't worth trying again.

We're all used to the idea of swapping out modules we don't like for
those we do: Wicd can replace Network Manager, KDE over Gnome, etc.
Same goes for sound...

Jim