feisty to hardy

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Nov 9 00:56:58 MST 2008

Am 08. Nov, 2008 schwätzte betty so:

> der Hans wrote:
>> If you're running LTS ( long term support ), then you can go from LTS to
>>> LTS without the non-LTS updates.
>>>>

> more stupid questions; how do i know i am running LTS?

Ask wikipedia :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ubuntu_releases#Release_history

Every time I've looked on the Ubuntu site I've not found anything like
that wikipedia chart.

> since i am on DIAL UP (aghhhhl) but i do have a CD  (or DVD) for Hardy
> can i use that? assuming i have completed all the updates available.

You can use the CD/DVD. My experiences with it weren't that good, but I
intentionally didn't read the instructions in order to see what happened.

I highly recommend reading and following the instructions :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The babys blood type? Human, mostly."  -- Orson Scott Card