Fullscreen bug in firefox

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:41:29 MST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Mike Hoy <mhoy06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Every now and then my firefox browser window goes to full screen. I
> just push F11 and it goes away. I've seen some stuff on the web for
> work arounds on this, but none of it was current. For example the
> settings they suggested I fix weren't there under Edit>Prefs.
>
> Anyway, anybody having this problem at all. Running Ubuntu Hardy here.
>
> --
> Mike Hoy

It may be a feature rather than a bug.  If your window manager is set
to maximize a window as a result of a click or double click on the
title bar of a window.  Some such settings can result in an accidental
invocation.  One system I have worked on caused the window to roll up
like a window shade if you just pause the cursor too long over the
title bar.  May be cool to some folks, it is a PITA to me.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and