My take on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 (K/X/Ubuntu)

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 23:15:18 MST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:11 AM, SI - <e1-p2hc-8m8q-79xs at emailias.com> wrote:
> Only one problem I have with 8.10 - Nvidia did not provide updated drivers
> for Ubuntu to use for the older cards.
>
> Does anyone know if this was fixed?  I cannot upgrade until these drivers
> get released.
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM, 'James Finstrom'

I Installed ubuntu 8.10 today on someones emachine with an nvidia 6100
and it went fine even though the max resolution was 800x600 until the
restricted driver was activated.  BTW, nvidia traditionally supports
all there cards with the newest driver.  I haver not checked that for
some time and specifically not for linux.  NTL, that was always their
policy.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and