Off topic kills value of the list and group

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Nov 6 21:36:15 MST 2008

Am 06. Nov, 2008 schwätzte Dan Lund so:

> You know, I've put up with this battle too much and people trying to
> make a Topic-based list into a general discussion "democracy".  I

It is not a topic-based list. It's a general discussion list. The
applications, development and web lists are topic-based.

There is an option to add topics to this list. I doubt that would be
useful or I'd've suggested it long ago.

> digress, you guys have a great one.
> I'm unsubscribing.

That is your choice. Your sig quote indicates you shouldn't :).

> "There is only one good, namely knowledge, and only one evil, namely
> ignorance."
> --Socrates

By leaving you will be missing out on knowledge.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."
#   -- Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride