Please stop

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Thu Nov 6 20:51:00 MST 2008

Agreed, but sadly, even after your email it continued. I can't sit back
any longer. Since the self moderation isn't working, as Alan has asked
of people in whatever nice form he has, I can only do what is best, quit
complaining myself and leave.  Nothing permanent, mind.  Though, if I
wanted an "anything goes" mailing list, I wouldn't have joined this
LUG.  AFAIK, "LUG" stands for Linux Users Group, and that's what I came
here expecting.  I don't thoroughly enjoy watching and reading the off
topic crud going on.

IMHO, "OT" or "Off Topic" discussion should be inquiries about FreeBSD,
general administration practices, or anything that may not necessarily
have to do with Linux, but still have something to do with OSS, Free
Software, interacting/connecting to Linux or any other form of systems
administration, development and "geekiness".  There is *nothing* geeky
about putting people down and demoralizing, defaming and otherwise
putting another person down for their opinions.

But I digress.  I'll leave my frustration at the door. After all, I'm
free to form perhaps another LUG for the Valley with at least some sense
of direction and goal for a group as a whole instead of being vague and
hoping beyond all hopes that people have a modicum of decency to know
when enough is enough and to self-moderate themselves.  I'll check the
archives later on in time, and see if it's worth coming back.

Ciao,

  Tony E
  "Raptus regaliter"
  jaraeth at phoenixwing.com