Upgrading Kubuntu

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Thu Nov 6 13:36:22 MST 2008

I've been using Linux for a long time and recently I've been playing
around with Kubuntu. I'm currently running 8.04 with the KDE 4 Remix and
wanted to do the online upgrade to 8.10. From the instructions on the
website it says to do:

kdesudo "adept_manager --dist-upgrade"

I expect to get the package installer coming up with the "Version
Upgrade" button. The package manager starts but there is no "Version
Upgrade" button.

The instructions on the website are pretty straightforward so I don't
think I've missed anything but it's not behaving as expected.

What am I doing wrong?