an idea for keeping the moderating sorta "low pressure" (was: Re: right on the edge...)

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:23:20 MST 2008

Hi,

>I don't think that this should be such a big deal. Hearing somone elses
opinion shouldn't be a problem or a foreign concept. We should >respect and
accept that we won't always agree with eachother. I do feel that we have
already discussed the OT situation and it was >decided that OT was to be
placed on off topic discussions. I do also seem to remember somone posting a
solution to filtering out OT >discussions
 The problem, imo, is that people are acting disrespectful of others and
that threads like it bring the signal to noise ratio to virtually zero.

I've been battling with DNS for a week and (no offense to Dan Lund, his help
is VERY VERY appreciated) i am lost because I have no idea what is going on
and neither does Dan. Threads like 'we are screwed' while 'interesting'
detract from the point of the mailing list: to discuss GNU/Linux and F/OSS.
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Tim Noeding <tim.noeding at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that this should be such a big deal. Hearing somone elses
> opinion shouldn't be a problem or a foreign concept. We should respect and
> accept that we won't always agree with eachother. I do feel that we have
> already discussed the OT situation and it was decided that OT was to be
> placed on off topic discussions. I do also seem to remember somone posting a
> solution to filtering out OT discussions.
>
> I personally enjoy reading each and every post whether on or off topic. I
> don't think I want any drastic changes to occur because part of the appeal
> of this list is the opinion of the posters. I don't want to look at this
> list as nothing but an easy button for my linux questions. I want it to
> continue being the community I subscribe to.
>
> Thank you all for your time and patience.
> This is being typed on a G1 at work so forgive any grammar or spelling
> errors.
>
> Tim
>
> I also realize I'm more of a lurker than an actually contributor, but I
> tend to enjoy reading rather typing. Mainly because nothing important
> typically comes from something typed with your thumbs.
>
>  On Nov 6, 2008 8:46 AM, "Ryan Rix" <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This seems reasonable :)
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Mike Schwartz <schwartz at acm.org> wrote: >
> > I think it would be p...
> Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
> Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog